The iPodder Lemon team announces the release of version 2.0 of its iPodder software. The application has evolved from its basic beginnings as the world's first podcasting software to a mature, fully featured application.
iPodder is the premier Podcasting application, allowing users to capture and listen to Internet audio programs anytime, anywhere. It allows users to select and download shows and music and to play whenever they want on their iPods, portable digital media players, or computers automatically, after specifying which music or shows they want to listen to.
iPodder has been downloaded over 125,000 times since its premier last August, letting users tap into the growing popularity of podcasts. There are now thousands of podcasting sites across the Internet.
iPodder continues to be free and cross-platform, playing on Windows, Macintosh and Linux platforms.
Version 2.0 offers numerous new improvements:
- Total redefined, fully-featured GUI (user interface)
- New streamlined subscription process with an ability to check and uncheck items for download
- New cleanup section allowing quick cleanup
- History of downloads and click to play abilities
- Proxy support
- Threaded scans/downloads and resumable downloads
- Import and Export functionalities (OPML) to enable easy transport of data between other applications
- Many new smaller features including small add-ons like spotlight search,
- catch-up functionality, coralizing, and shortcuts enabled.
iPodder continue to offer its unique features:
- It's Free
- Multi-language supported
- GPL'ed -- it operates under a public license for the public good
- Fast (even with a lot of subscriptions)
How to download?
To download iPodder 2.0, click the download link below and select your operating system.