- Technorati is now tracking more than 57 Million blogs.
- Spam-, splog- and sping-fighting efforts at Technorati are paying dividends in terms of the reduction of garbage in our indexes, even if it does seem to impact overall growth rates.
- Today, the blogosphere is doubling in size approximately every 230 days.
- About 100,000 new weblogs were created each day, again down slightly quarter-over-quarter but probably due in part to spam fighting efforts.
- About 4% of new splogs get past Technorati's filters, even if it is only for a few hours or days.
- There is a strong correlation between the aging and post frequency of blogs and their authority and Technorati ranking.
qv: State of the Blogosphere (with Charts!)