Try the Microsoft Password Checker.
Weak passwords invite the bad guys to take your stuff. I am all for strong passwords. What's a strong password?
- Minimum of eight characters in length (ten or twelve is better)
- Contains lower and upper case letters
- Contains no dictionary words
- Does not contain your name, initials, or date of birth
- Contains symbols (i.e. $%&*#)
I am sure the list above will change over time, especially as password hacking systems get more sophisticated. For now, the guidelines above should help keep you safe.
By the way, I predict that a number of "bad guys" will soon be trying to gather passwords by hosting websites that look like Microsoft's password checker. You've been warned.