Here are a few more tips you may be able to use
- Limit non-emergency calls to conserve battery power and free up wireless networks for emergency agencies and operations.
- Send brief text messages rather than making voice calls for the same reasons.
- Don't leave the house without car-chargers to ensure you have back-up power.
- Keep phones, laptops, PDAs, batteries, chargers and other equipment in a dry, accessible location.
- Forward your home phone calls to your wireless number if you have to evacuate.
- Save emergency phone numbers in your cell phone with one-touch dialing.
What did I miss? How do you get yourself ready for a snowpocalypse?
ps: And I hope we have power when Verizon makes their big announcement on Tuesday.